Office of the President
Chief of Staff: Delia Brennan
- Serving as chief advisor to ASUNM President
- Managing and overseeing the Executive Cabinet
- Attending administrative meetings in conjunction with the President, or in his absence
- Overseeing matters pertaining to the Office of the President
- Serving as a voting member of the Student Fee Review Board and as a student representative to other university boards
Delia Brennan is a Senior double majoring in Political Science and International Studies with a minor in Economics. She intends to go to law school next year to study International Law and aspires to eventually work in the field of international development or international human rights law. Delia has been involved in ASUNM for the entirety of her college career, starting in Emerging Lobo Leaders, serving as Deputy Chief of Staff (2014-2015), as a senator and as the senate’s President Pro-Tempore (2015-2016), and currently as the Chief of Staff. She is involved in a number of other organizations on campus, and she currently serves as the President of UNM’s World Affairs Delegation and as the President of the Order of Omega honor society. Delia loves traveling and hopes to see the entire world one day. So far, she has visited 24 U.S. states and 20 different countries.
Deputy Chief of Staff: Megan Hayden
- Assisting the President and Chief of Staff with both internal or external duties
- Managing university board and committee applications and write progress reports reports
- Attending administrative meetings in conjunction with the President and Chief of Staff, or in their absence
- Supporting ASUNM agency events and initiatives
Megan Hayden is a junior majoring in Finance with a minor in Economics. Graduating in 2015, Megan entered UNM as a sophomore, earning all of her first year credits in high school through the duel-credit program. She has been involved in ASUNM since her first year, starting in Emerging Lobo Leaders. She has also been involved in other positions at UNM, working in a research lab on campus whose focus was finding ways to educate younger generations about energy conservation and sustainability. Megan also works part time at a local bank here in New Mexico, and is using this as an opportunity to decide what aspect of finance most interests her. She is passionate about helping others, and is excited to serve as the Deputy Chief of Staff for the 2016-2017 school year.
Boards & Committees Coordinator: Becka Myers
Becka is a second-semester sophomore here at UNM studying Political Science and Communication. She aspires to pursue a career in international diplomacy and world affairs. Becka enjoys the San Antonio Spurs, sharing shark facts, and anything cheesy; jokes or food. She is looking forward to a great year at UNM!
Director of Communication: Gabe Gallegos
- Running all social media for various events for Senate, the executive branch, and sometimes agencies
- Creating visual marketing campaigns
- Updating and renovating the ASUNM Websites
- Creating contacts with the media, Daily Lobo, etc. through the form of potential press releases
Gabe Gallegos is a junior-double majoring in Strategic Communications and Political Science. Originally from Las Cruces, he came to UNM as a New Mexico Leadership Institute Scholar. He has been involved in ASUNM since his Freshman year, starting out as a member of the Fall 2014 class of Emerging Lobo Leaders. Last year, he served as an ASUNM Senator and chaired the Outreach & Appointments committee. He has won national awards for student journalism and educates high school students about New Mexico state government through the American Legion’s Boys State program. During his time as an intern with U.S. Senator Tom Udall’s district office, he assisted with community outreach projects on behalf of the Senator and the communication of federal policy initiatives. He is currently interning in Washington, DC with the US Department of State's Bureau of Public Affairs in the Press Relations office. After graduating, he hopes to pursue a Master's degree in Public Policy and work in governmental strategic communications and public affairs. In his free time, he enjoys browsing Reddit, hiking the Sandias, and a good cup of coffee.
Deputy Director of Communication: Ryter Griego
- Chief graphic designer
- Assisting President, agencies, and Senate with visual marketing campaigns
- Running social media campaigns and spearheading the ASUNM Snapchat
- Assists with all other public relations and marketing efforts
Ryter Griego is a 2nd year student majoring in Communication with a minor in Marketing. While in high school he was taken under as an apprentice by Nick Mancusi and taught the in’s and out’s of the world of graphic design, as well as how to order a proper latte. He was a finalist in AIGA’s Design for Democracy in the 2016 get out the vote competition. Though he hasn’t been formally involved in ASUNM previous to this position he is ecstatic about the opportunity to serve on behalf of his fellow students. In his spare time, he enjoys reading case studies and articles about logos and branding, spending time with friends, drinking boba tea & scrolling through subtweets.
Attorney General: Sara Collins
- Issuing advisory opinions concerning the law, legislation, or any other act of ASUNM when requested
- Providing a current copy of the Constitution and Law Book at the request of any individual or group
- Assisting the President in the execution of their duties
- Serving as an ex-officio, non-voting member of the Senate and its Standing Committees
- Providing advice and counsel concerning all acts of ASUNM when requested to do so
- Providing counsel for the government in all suits against them
- Updating and distributing the Constitution for the purpose of engrossing any Constitutional Amendments as passed by ASUNM and approved by the UNM Board of Regents
- Codifying of the Law Book in consultation with the President and the Vice President
Sara Collins is a fourth-year student majoring in Signed Language Interpreting and Psychology with a minor in Interdisciplinary Studies. Hailing from Irvine, California, Sara found her place at UNM in on-campus housing and has worked in various positions, including as a Resident Advisor. In 2014, Sara established and worked in the ASUNM position of Boards and Committees Coordinator. Since then, she has sat on many university committees on behalf of ASUNM. Sara enjoys serving students, and is excited to take on the position of Attorney General.