Office of the President
Chief of Staff: Mason Martinez
- Serving as chief advisor to ASUNM President
- Managing and overseeing the Executive Cabinet
- Attending administrative meetings in conjunction with the President, or in his absence
- Overseeing matters pertaining to the Office of the President
- Serving as a voting member of the Student Fee Review Board and as a student representative to other university boards
Mason Martinez is a Junior double majoring in Political science and Business Administration with a concentration in operations management. After undergraduate, he intended to go to law school where he will study to later pursue a career with the Department of Justice. Mason was first introduced to ASUNM when he was selected for the Emerging Lobo Leaders Program. He later went on to serve as an ASUNM Senator where he sat on the Steering and Rules Committee.
Director of Communication: Noah Michelsohn
- Running all social media for various events for Senate, the executive branch, and sometimes agencies
- Creating visual marketing campaigns
- Updating and renovating the ASUNM Websites
- Creating contacts with the media, Daily Lobo, etc. through the form of press releases and other media contact
- Serving as an advisor to the president on external matters
- Working with the Outreach and Events Committee as a non-voting member
Noah is a Senior studying Strategic Communication and Marketing. He first got involved with ASUNM as a freshman when he did the emerging Lobo Leaders program. After that he spent his sophomore year as the Legislative Coordinator, working with the senate taking minutes and hosting events such as ASUNM Safety Day. Noah currently interns with NASA Johnson Space Center where he is in the Public Affairs and Communications office. At UNM, Noah is part of the Anderson 3-2 MBA program will graduate with his MBA in 2019.
Deputy Chief of Staff: Adan Serna
- Assisting the President and Chief of Staff with both internal or external duties
- Managing university board and committee applications and write progress reports reports
- Attending administrative meetings in conjunction with the President and Chief of Staff, or in their absence
- Supporting ASUNM agency events and initiatives
Adan J. Serna is a Junior with a passion for public service. From serving as a page to his state representative in Santa Fe, to working as a legislative affairs intern to a congressman in DC, he has seen the power of smart public policy. He is involved in ASUNM, honor society, student alumni ambassador, LoboTHON, and will be working for the US Department of State of the next two years.
Deputy Director of Communication: Chelsea Kaban
- Chief graphic designer
- Assisting President, agencies, and Senate with visual marketing campaigns
- Running social media campaigns and spearheading the ASUNM Snapchat
- Assists with all other public relations and marketing efforts
Chelsea Kaban is a senior studying Signed Language Interpretation and Psychology. She is a first generation college student and proud to be here at UNM on a merit scholarship. This is her first semester serving in ASUNM, and she is very eager to give back to her campus community. She has been studying photography and marketing for a few years, and after serving as VP Communications for Pi Beta Phi, she is ready to continue learning and to apply her skills on a larger scale..
Attorney General: Jacqueline Hoswell
- Issuing advisory opinions concerning the law, legislation, or any other act of ASUNM when requested
- Providing a current copy of the Constitution and Law Book at the request of any individual or group
- Assisting the President in the execution of their duties
- Serving as an ex-officio, non-voting member of the Senate and its Standing Committees
- Providing advice and counsel concerning all acts of ASUNM when requested to do so
- Providing counsel for the government in all suits against them
- Updating and distributing the Constitution for the purpose of engrossing any Constitutional Amendments as passed by ASUNM and approved by the UNM Board of Regents
- Codifying of the Law Book in consultation with the President and the Vice President
Jac Hoswell is a junior double majoring in Political Science and History with a minor in Economics. She started her involvement with ASUNM freshman year when she was accepted into the Emerging Lobo Leaders Fall 2015 class and continued on to the Advanced Lobo Leaders Spring 2016 class. As a sophomore she served as the Legislative Coordinator, and is extremely excited to continue her involvement this year. In addition to ASUNM, Jac volunteers with New Mexico Youth and Government and has an internship at Sandia National Laboratories.
Boards & Committees Coordinator: TBA